[mapserver-users] Newbie question

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue May 22 08:16:06 EDT 2001

Hi Bart,

i am not sure, but does your provider support self installed cgi's?

What concerns webservers, i only know apache (the webserver on your site
seems to be sambar?! When you stop loading the binary stuff and say show
page source, at the bottom is a sambar standard error message) and there
you have to define which directory can contain cgi's and who is allowed
to execute them ..., by default this is often a directory called
/cgi-bin.

Perhaps you could check that.

Cheers, Michael

> Bart van Heijningen schrieb:
>
> Hi all,
> I am new to the world of mapserver and was quite impressed by its
> features and the thingd I see in the gallery.
> Now I would like to make the demo run on WN Linux at my service
> provider.
> The result I get after compiling and installing accoding to the
> documentation is a lot of binary code after hitting the initialize
> button of the demo.\
> You can see the result here:
> http://www.atsence.nl/mapserv/ms_demo/demo_init.html
>
> Is there anyone out there who thinks he or she knows what I could have
> done wrong?
> I for example kno that the servce provider has its own GD library/php4
> etc installed, how can I compile the mapserver to use these libraries?
>
> Tia,
>
> Bart

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de