[mapserver-users] Standalone Image Catalog creation tool?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu May 31 15:06:04 EDT 2001

Does anyone know of an Image Catalog creation tool that will run OUTSIDE
of ArcView?  I just want something that can be pointed to a directory of
TIFF/TFW files and will write out the same DBF file that the imgcat.ave
script will.  It needs to run under Windows.

I need to create some tile index shapefiles for thousands of images at a
time; loading them all into ArcView just to write a DBF file is a waste
of time.

I'm about to just go ahead and write one, but I figured I'd ask
first....

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker