[mapserver-users] Cat'ing field names in URLs

Fawcett, David david.fawcett at moea.state.mn.us
Tue Nov 13 15:10:54 EST 2001

I am trying to do an itemquery with a querymap, building the URL dynamically.

For the 'item', I would like to concatenate a 'C' on to the FIPs code returned by the county that is clicked upon.  I assume that it can be done, I just don't know the syntax.

For Example:

....cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=[map]&item=C+[value]&value=9612&mode=itemquerymap&mapext=shapes"

[value] should return the FIPs code the county that is selected.  If I were to click on Hennepin County (MN), I would want the value for 'item' to be 'C27053'.

Thanks,

David.

David J. Fawcett
GIS / Databases