[mapserver-users] Runaway process and other wierdness

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Oct 29 10:04:00 EST 2001

Tim Sutton wrote:

> This does not seem to solve the problem though. Does anyone have a
> prebuild ms3.4 php_mapscript.so built on RedHat 7.1 they could send
> me / point me to? I am supposed to be demoing the app I have made
> today and need a quick fix solution! I can't get ms3.4 to build on
> rh7.1 - I get a conftest unterminated command error.

Tim,

I am 95% sure that those problems are specific to using MapScript with
PHP as an Apache module so I don't think that getting a prebuilt
php_mapscript.so will make a difference.  A quick workaround that should
resolve all your problems (until we have a proper fix) might be to run
PHP as a CGI instead of as a module.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca