[Mapserver-users] Compiling the boxzooming mapplet

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Tue Dec 3 10:23:56 EST 2002

At 01:27 PM 12/3/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>What ist necessary to compile the boxzooming mapplet?
>
>When I try to compile it with suns standard edition 1.4.0_01 of the jdk I
>get the error
>"package netscape,javascript does not exist".

You need the Live Connect classes, which I think I found on the netscape
site. They are in "winNPSDK.zip" or "winsdk40.zip".  I found the Sun Java
1.3 sdk worked better (it produced code that ran under IE)

>When I try to compile it with Microsoft Visual J++ I get the error message
>"createCustomCursor is not a method of class toolkit".

I never got the MS compiler to work.

Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.