[Mapserver-users] outline colour for marker symbol (truetype)

Peter.Bruton at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Peter.Bruton at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Wed Dec 4 08:37:53 EST 2002

Hello;

Is there a way to set a Outline Color of a markersymbol used to represent
points?  The markersymbol is based on a truetype font.  The point is being
represented as a "Class" object, not a "Label" object.

Currently I am able to accomplish this effect by using the Overlay Symbol
property.  I create 2 symbols, one "solid" and the other "hollow", and
overlay one on-top-off the other.  While this achieves my goal, I would like
to avoid having to create "hollow" copies of my symbols.

Thank-you in advance for any suggestions.

Peter Bruton
GeoAccess Division
Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
615 Booth Street, Room 650