[Mapserver-users] Raster layer and Projection

frauke.trurnit at gmx.de frauke.trurnit at gmx.de
Tue Dec 10 09:43:25 EST 2002

Hello list,

I've some problems with rasterlayer. I hava a 8bit-tif and a tfw world file
in the same directory. In the Browser however no map appears. What's wrong
with the mapfile?

In addition an error message appears in the Browser, if I use the
projection indicated down.
Error message:
msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. unknown projection id

The world file looks like that:
1.00000000000000000
0.0
0.0
-1.00000000000000000
509854.76027950307
5408094.4232678544

My mapfile:
NAME "Raster-Stuttgart"
STATUS ON
EXTENT 9.1351 48.8274 9.2707 48.7373
UNITS dd
SIZE 500 500
SHAPEPATH "/www/projects/raster/data/raster/"

IMAGECOLOR 230 230 230
IMAGETYPE GIF

#PROJECTION
#   proj=UTM
#   ellps=WGS84
#   datum=WGS84
#   zone=32
#   north
#   no_defs
#END

WEB
  TEMPLATE "./raster.html"
  IMAGEPATH "/usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ms_temp/"
  IMAGEURL "http://172.23.71.157/ms_temp/"
END

#Maßstab--------------------------------------------------------------------
SCALEBAR
  STATUS ON
  POSITION ll
  STYLE 0					#Stil 0:s/w Sektionen
  SIZE 200 5
  COLOR 0 0 0 					#Farbe scalebar
  OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0				#Umrissfarbe für Intervalle
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  UNITS kilometers
  INTERVALS 4					#Intervallanzahl (default=4)
  LABEL
    SIZE small
    COLOR 0 0 0
  END