[Mapserver-users] question about variables

Hubert Fröhlich hubert.froehlich at bvv.bayern.de
Wed Dec 11 02:39:27 EST 2002

Hello MapServer Community,

I tried to set an arbitrary variable in the WEB -> METADATA section, e.g.

WEB
   TEMPLATE demo2.html
   IMAGEPATH "/tmp/"
   IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
   METADATA
     WMS_TITLE "MapServer der BVV auf georaster"
     WMS_ABSTRACT "test"
     WMS_ACCESSCONSTRAINTS none
     WMS_ONLINERESOURCE http://test.bvv.bayern.de:4242/scripts/mapserv/"
     WMS_SRS "EPSG:31494"
     author "Hubert Fröhlich"
   END
I can reference in the template to the variable [web_author] .OK, so far.
But, can I also reference to the variable in the mapfile further on? (I
guess the mapfile is read interpreter-style top-down) .

Moreover,

a) can I set arbitrary variables anywhere else,
b) can I use environment variables which might be EXPORTed (Unix-style)?

PS. I am working with 3.6.1 on a Linux (SuSE 8.0) box .

Thanks in advance,

Hubert Fröhlich

Dr.-Ing. Hubert Fröhlich
Bezirksfinanzdirektion München
Alexandrastr. 3, D-80538 München, GERMANY
Tel. :+49 (0)89 / 2190 - 2980
Fax  :+49 (0)89 / 2190 - 2459
hubert.froehlich at bvv.bayern.de