[Mapserver-users] instruction : mapserver on Mandrake 9

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Thu Dec 12 10:01:18 EST 2002

--=======5BF76661=======

Can you tell us specifically what problems you are encountering? We might
be better able to address them then.

I ran into two problems compiling mapserver under Mandrake 9.0. Mapserver
was looking for
libpng.so.22 which apparently does not come with  Mandrake 9.0 so I simply
created a symbolic link to libpng.so.3 named: "libpng.so.22".

The other problem had to do with the gcc 3.2 compiler which is installed by
default (the gcc 2.9 compiler is available in the Mandrake 9.0 distribution
also). Norman Vine posted a work around for the 3.2 compiler: After you
./configure, edit your Makefile and locate the line:
     "STATIC_LIBS= $(GD_STATIC) $(OGR_STATIC)"
and add " -lstdc++" at the end, so it should look like:
     "STATIC_LIBS= $(GD_STATIC) $(OGR_STATIC) -lstdc++"

Rich