[Mapserver-users] mapscript python

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Mon Dec 16 12:26:53 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:19:33PM +0100, Sven Jacobi wrote:

> It breaks down exactly at the call to draw...
> I also thought that SWIG would do this for me but it doesn't seem so :(
> Do you know whether it is possible to run a logfile for mapscript?

Looking at the source of the CVS version there is some support (I
haven't tried it) for stderr debugging by recompiling with
-DENABLE_STDERR_DEBUG

If that isn't enough you can add calls to msDebug at the appropriate
places and/or change stderr for a file (it's in mserror.c). Or, if
you're really into it, you could add hooks to syslog and friends (Linux)
and equivalents in Windows, that would be really nice :-)

BTW, have you read the README in mapscript/python?

What versions are you using (Python, MapServer, etc.)?

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl