[Mapserver-users] MapServer 3.7 WMS connections: libwww replaced with libcurl

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Dec 16 15:50:11 EST 2002

Hi,

For those using the MapServer 3.7 from CVS, I committed a few minutes
ago a set of changes to replace libwww with libcurl for HTTP requests in
WMS/WFS client connections.  I won't list the reasons behind this change
here, but this should be a good thing for everyone.

So if you use MapServer 3.7 with WMS connections then next time you
build from CVS in the 3.7 dev. tree, you will need libcurl 7.10 or more
recent installed on your system (see http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/).
If you are running a system that already has an older libcurl installed
then you'll have to remove it first before you install the new one.

Note that this new code hasn't been fully tested yet, it was all
working  fine with the few tests that I did, but we'll be testing it
more in the next few days.  If you use 3.7 and notice any problems with
the new libcurl support then please report them in bugzilla in the "WMS
Client" component.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca