[Mapserver-users] DBF table joins

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Dec 20 14:50:09 EST 2002

Joins will be re-enabled over xmas, perhaps even tonite. The underlying
code has changed so much since they last worked it's taking a bit more
thinking. The join function is an old version that has only been
partially fixed. Joins will be part of CLASS objects although I'm
considering adding them to LAYERs as well, sort of a global join. Note
they will still only be enabled for query output presentation for
performance reasons.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "John McCue" <jmccue at geovue.com> 12/20/02 12:40PM >>>
I have just checked out all of the latest v3.7 code from CVS as well as
the
latest nightly build in the hopes that I could begin to use DBF table
joins.

	- After looking at the code, I see a function in mapquery.c
called
'msJoinDBFTables', which I presume is doing all of the joining work.
But I
don't see where this function is ever called.  Does anyone know which
file
and function 'msJoinDBFTables' is being called from?

	- Also, should the JOIN object be part of a CLASS object, or a
QUERY object
in the map file?

Many thanks,
John