[mapserver-users] About "complete" Makefile.vc for MapServer 3.6.1 (and about ECW)

Richard Greenwood rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Jul 1 08:45:20 EDT 2002

You are correct that ecw images do not require world files. Is your ecw
image within your extent, and is it in the same coordinate system
(lat/lon)? I use gdaltindex with my ecw images to create a tile index. A
tile index is simply a shape file of rectangles representing the extents of
each image, but it is a good way to check you extents.

Rich

At 12:38 AM 6/30/2002 +0900, you wrote:
>  Thank you very much for your help, Mr. Nacionales.
>
>  I could make MapServer 3.6.1 with WMSClient.
>
>  And this is another question about ECW. I tried my compiled MapServer 3.6.1
>and pre-build 3.6 to display ECW image(8 bit) with following map file.
>
>NAME rasterex
>EXTENT 139.6 35.4 139.75 35.5
>SIZE 512 512
>SHAPEPATH "d:\MapServ\map"
>UNITS DD
>
>#WEB
># IMAGEPATH "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs\tmp\"
># IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
>#END
>
>LAYER # start of the "yokohama" layer object
>   NAME "yokohama image"
>   DATA "533915.ecw"
>   TYPE RASTER
>   STATUS DEFAULT
>END # end of layer object
>END # end of map file
>
>  But nothing diplayed without error messages.
>
>  ECW doesn't requre World File? Without world file(.eww?), shp2img.exe
>didn't show error message and created blank images.
>
>  Do you have any suggestion.
>
>  Best Regards.

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
(307) 733-0203