[mapserver-users] reference map

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Mon Jul 1 14:07:00 EDT 2002

Aaron, it sounds like your EXTENT for your reference image may not match
your EXTENT for your overall map file. Those look like lat/long coordinates,
is that what you are using for the rest of your map?

Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron D. Hunt [mailto:hunt at zedxinc.com]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2002 3:27 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [mapserver-users] reference map

When I draw a reference map, I get an image but my background image is not
there. Below is the code I used

>From map file

REFERENCE
 EXTENT -125.481 23.17332 -66.5282 51.7963
 IMAGE /usr/home/gui-ads/html/map/framework/ref.png
 STATUS on
 size 124 74
END

Php script

$image_ref=$map->drawReferenceMap();
$image_url_ref=$image_ref->saveWebImage(MS_PNG,1,1,0);

If I try using a gif like to doc tells, I get a mapscript error.
Thanks for any help

Aaron