[mapserver-users] Installation Problem: Black Screen

Isai Michel isaimichel at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:57:56 EDT 2002

Hello:

I am running a Suse 8.0 linux machine and have installed map server.  I
compiled the files and everything seems to work fine except that when I run
the demo test, I get to the template file and their is a big black spot
where the map picture should have been rendered.  And yes, I turned the gif
files into png files.  Oddly, you can right click the image and choose to
save it but when you try to actually save the map pictures (in PNG format)
the computer says the file does not exist.  The /tmp directory (relative to
the top level domain) is also empty.

Can someone please tell me how to get it to work?  I have spent several days
reading all the documentation.  Thank you very much.

Respectfully,
IML