[mapserver-users] errorhandling

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Wed Jul 3 10:50:01 EDT 2002

Hi Mike,

there are two parameters in the web object of the map definition which
can be used for this purpose, "Error" and/or "Empty" and url. "Error" is

more global and addresses all errors (wow!), "empty" is exactly for
queries without results.

Cheers, Michael

Mike Elstermann schrieb:

> hi MapServers, I have a little problem: When my Users are working in
> the Query-Mode for identify Feature and they dont hit upon a Feture,
> then the MapServer gives the Error-Message: "msQueryByPoint(): Search
> returned no results. No matching record(s) found." How can I change
> this message, or how can I in this Error-Case to another
> HTML/ASP-Side. mfg. mikeE.
> --->    IT-Consult Halle GmbH
> --->    Bornknechtstraße 5, 06108 Halle (Saale)
> --->    Sitz: Rathausstraße 3
> --->    Tel.: +49 345 221 4237, Fax: +49 345 221 4236
> --->    Funk: +49 160 71 545 02
> --->    mike.elstermann at itc-halle.de

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                             Sautierstr. 38, 79104 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)
mschulz at webgis.de                             www.webgis.de