[mapserver-users] GDAL not working perhaps

Isai Michel isaimichel at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:22:14 EDT 2002

Do I have to specify the projection type in the map file?  I am using UTM
and here is part of the top of the map file

NAME GRID
EXTENT xxxx.xxxxx xxx.xxxx xxxx.xxxx xxxx.xxxx
STATUS ON
UNITS METERS
IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0

etc...

Is this sufficient for a map file heading?

Also:

Right now I just compiled again without the --without-tiff option (and with
the --with-gdal option) just to make sure that the extents are right.  The 2
images are now in almost the exact center (without rotation of course).  I
believe the rotation has its axis in the top left corner so when the images
rotate (in the future) I should still be able to see them without changing
the extents again, right?

Thank you for the help.

Respectfully,
IML