[mapserver-users] warning in capabilities XML output

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 12 10:05:22 EDT 2002

The WMS_GROUP_TITLE metadata is required in order to provide a
human-readable title for your layer GROUPs in the XML capabilities.  You
need to set it only on one of the layer that is part of the group and
MapServer will find and use the value.

You're correct that documentation for this metadata was missing in the
WMS Server HOWTO and this will be fixed soon.

Daniel