[mapserver-users] RE: Symbol Def. Help

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Jul 11 09:22:49 EDT 2002

I figured this out...at least on a windows machine, all that needs to be
done in the character section is type what you want. For instance:

SYMBOL
  NAME "fiberline"
  TYPE TRUETYPE
  FONT arial
  ANTIALIAS true
  CHARACTER "------ FO "
END

I'm still not sure what the "&#...;" is for in the docs on the web page.

Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Hankley, Chip
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 3:58 PM
To: MapServer List (E-mail)
Subject: Symbol Def. Help

I'm having a hard time figuring out a couple of things about symbol
definitions.

What I want to do, is make a symbol for a fiber optic line that looks like
this:

I can get a trutype symbol to work, with ONE letter.

1) How can I get it to work with more than one character?
2) What is the "&#" part of the character mapping doing? Is there some
reference for figuring out character mappings?

TIA!

Chip Hankley