[mapserver-users] network analysis in mapserver

Seamus Thomas Carroll carrolls at unbc.ca
Fri Jul 12 12:43:11 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have post GIS installed but I am not currently using it.  I have a road
network for British Columbia and some other provinces and two sets of
point data.  I need to be able to find the shortest path along from point
A (postal code) to point B (hospital data) using an impedance taken from
the dbf.  For example, the length in metres for an arc or the amount of
time to travel an arc.  I need the total impedance and a shape file
representing the path as a result.  Would any of these tools solve this
problem for me?

Seamus