[mapserver-users] network analysis in mapserver

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Fri Jul 12 13:32:28 EDT 2002

I am no expert on network analysis, but it seems that the general
techniques that one would apply in order to solve it should be supported
by the basic functions of postGIS. This includes distance calculations
and proximity determinations.

Now, Roberto's suite of tools would probably be the way to go, but what
is the status of integration of these with mapserver, or their
integratability with postGIS??

In my experience with postGIS/postgres, if you are willing to do some
coding :) the job can be done.

Roberto, I am interested in seeing some fo the code that you are putting
together. perhaps we could have some overlap. As I mentioned before, I
am primarily interested from a standpoint of hooking this stuff to
postgres, thereby making the backend independent of any single GIS
system, and potentially portable to other RDBMS's.

Rob

--
Robert Burgholzer
al·go·rithm  n.