[mapserver-users] network analysis in mapserver

Seamus Thomas Carroll carrolls at unbc.ca
Fri Jul 12 14:46:02 EDT 2002

I am currently using arc/info to solve this problem.  The basic idea is
take the start point and find its closes node on the road network.  Do the
same for the destination point.  Now find the shortest distance between
the two nodes on the road network given an impedance in the dbf.

I have not done any work using postgis to solve this problem.  I have just
started to explore the possibility.  I was hoping this functionality was
built into postgis.

seamus