[mapserver-users] network analysis in mapserver

Roberto Micarelli mi.ro at iol.it
Fri Jul 12 13:55:36 EDT 2002

On Friday 12 July 2002 17:27, Robert W. Burgholzer wrote:
> Seamus,
> Are you using postGIS by chance? I am working on a set of tools that
> might not be network analysis, but we may have some overlap that we
> could share.
>
> I too am seeking independence from esri, and postgres extendability (all
> functions can be written in C, or several other languages) seems to me
> to be a potential for high quality, open source GIS tools. Already there
> are several geo-processing routines out there acting in
> postgres/postgis. What type of analysis functions are you looking for?

In GRASS we are working at directed graph library (dglib). It is at a early
development status, some functions are already implemented (shortest path on
digraphs, depth-spanning, minimum-spanning). There are modules from Radim
Blazek for steiner-tree and salesman-problem that will be integrated into
dglib. The API is still unstable but I'm hardly working on design it.
Poor documentation... A lot of work to do...
Maybe we could share some info...

Roberto