[mapserver-users] Use of EPSG in Tutorial

Silke Reimer silke at intevation.de
Tue Jul 16 10:12:12 EDT 2002

Hallo!

I wanted to install the Mapserver tutorial but I had some problems with the
reprojection section (section 4). The problem occurs in s4ex2.map. There
an EPSG code (namely 42103) is used, which isn't defined in the current
version of PROJ.4.  I finally added the definition to /usr/share/proj/epsg .
This is the file where those EPSG numbers are defined that are used by
PROJ.4. The tutorial then worked but in my opinion it should be easier to be
successful.

Now I'm wondering if I oversaw something. Then I would like to learn how it
should be done. If I did it the right way, I think that either the tutorial should
use another projection or the EPSG code should be defined in PROJ.4.

BTW: Many thanks to those who wrote the tutorial. I think it is a very good
thing and when I have solved this and a few other little problems we plan to add it
to the FreeGIS CD.

Greetings,
Silke

--