[mapserver-users] Querying an external database

Bjarni Pjetursson Bjarni.Pjetursson at tietoenator.com
Fri Jul 19 15:24:49 EDT 2002

Hi,
you might want to port your shapefile to the database as well. By doing
this, you can use standard SQL to join the objects in your layer.
Another solution is to alter your layers FILTER attribute on-the-fly. You
could have an HTML input item called "MAP_LAYERNAME_FILTER" where you alter
the WHERE-clause for your shapefile. Read the cgi reference:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/cgi-reference.html
Regards
Bjarni Thor Pjetursson