[mapserver-users] itemquery and SDE-Layer

Oliver Wesp wesp at gdv.com
Sat Jul 20 07:41:48 EDT 2002

Hi,

anybody came across this error? Im trying to do an itemquery on an
ArcSDE-Layer using a FILTER . But all I get back is the following error:

msSDELayerWhichShapes(): SDE error. SE_stream_query(): Underlying DBMS
error. (-51)

What I now know is that this is an SDE-Error-Code described in the
SDE-Reference as

SE_DB_IO_ERROR     (-51)
A database-level I/O error occurred.

No further information in the SDE-Logs. The Layer displays fine, and if
I test the FILTER-Statement directly in the Map-File the FILTER applies
correctly to the displayed Map.

I'm using 3.6.1, ArcSDE 8.2 and Oracle8i with Solaris8.

Every hint is appreciated.
Oliver