[mapserver-users] RE: php_mapscript installation

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Wed Jul 24 09:32:10 EDT 2002

YC...

I saw your post the other day, but didn't respond b/c the questions Steve
Woodbridge asked were the same ones I would have. The problem I was having
was that I was trying to run a dll compiled for PHP4.04 (hence the name of
the file) on PHP 4.05. As a general rule, you need to be running the same
version of PHP as the dll. So...

 o make sure that the versions of PHP between your 2 machines are the same
 o make sure that the version of PHP you are using is the one the dll was
compiled with (this should be specified in the README.txt file that came
with the file).
 o I suspect that PHP is functioning OK if you're getting that error; but
just to make sure, you should try a simple PHP file just to make sure...
something like <?phpinfo();?> in a file called test.php. Make sure you
'comment' out the php_mapscript dll in the php.ini file. If this loads OK,
that should indicate that PHP is working fine, and that it is a problem with
the mapscript dll.
 o The more recent dlls from DM Solutions are compiled with support for a
number of features that require additional libraries. These dependencies are
generally spelled out in the README file and *usually* come in the
distribution. They are a set of dlls that should go in your system32
directory. If these are not installed, the dll will not load.
 o Make sure that you don't have a permissions problem. Using the test.php
page above, review the available 'modules' - next, uncomment one of the dlls
in php.ini... say, dbase support. Then reload test.php. If the dll loaded
successfully, you should see a new entry in the table for the dbase support
module.

Cheers!

Chip