[mapserver-users] Oracle spatial connection binary

Yu-Hsin Chen ychen at yorktel.com
Wed Jul 24 08:44:43 EDT 2002

Oracle Spatial works fine in the Linux/UNIX environment for MapServer 3.5.  I haven't work on 3.6 yet and I also don't know if it is in the Windows Binary.  Perhaps you can try it out by adding a layer in your mapfile that attempts to retrieve data from oracle such as:

LAYER
  NAME "name"
  CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
  CONNECTION 'userid/pw at sid'
  DATA "geometry from (select gid, geometry from places)"
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS DEFAULT
   .
   .
   .
END

Of course its success is not only depending on MapServer but also your web server and Oracle set up.

Yu-Hsin Chen