[mapserver-users] lat/lon of map image

Zhang, William wzhang at c-cor.net
Wed Jul 24 19:05:35 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am a new user of MapServer. I just installed the demo and it runs fine. I
have two questions about the CGI variables.

1.   If I leave MAPSIZE blank and  set MAPEXT= -120+34+-30+56, will the
MapServer generate a map image with most-western longitude -120,
most-eastern longitude -30, most-southern latitude 34, most-northern
latitude 56?

2.   What is the difference between MAPEXT and IMGEXT? If I always show the
full map image generated by MapServer, is MAPEXT the CGI variable I should
use to send to MapServer?

Thank you in advance.

William Zhang