[mapserver-users] Seamless Layers in MapServer

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Jul 25 10:56:28 EDT 2002

Or in the case of something like Census Tiger/Line data I have 3000+
counties and each county has roads, landmarks, various boundary
files, lakes, rivers, etc. I create a tileindex to treat them all as
one continuous layer for each data class. So for example I can have
one LAYER which will define roads across the whole US and one for
rivers, etc.

I can combine this with Ed's suggest below of using groups and if I
need 4-5 LAYERs to define roads at different scales I can GROUP them
so I can turn ON/OFF all road related LAYERs in 3000+ counties as if
it was one LAYER.

-Steve