[mapserver-users] About WMS support

Jee-Seong Chung cjeeseong at msn.com
Thu Jul 25 19:41:32 EDT 2002

Dear all,

This is jee-seong Chung, a new mapserver user.
Curretly I'm trying to build a simple web gis for the community.
Mostly this system will be using data from servers owned by the state and
I'm wondering whether the mapserver supports WMS server and client
applications.
According to the documentation it supports WMS but when I tried to launch
the links in tutorial chapter 5; sample1 and sample2, they gave
me an error message like this
"msDrawWMSLayer(): WMS connection error. WMS CLIENT CONNECTION support is
not available."
Please let me know whether mapserver spport WMS or not.

Thanks,
Jee-seong Chung