[mapserver-users] GDAL and gdaladdo

Ryan, Adam ARyan at co.linn.or.us
Fri Jul 26 14:59:52 EDT 2002

Dear Mr. Warmerdam and List,

I use the 'out-of-the-box' Mapserver Win32 binary.  I've never compiled
MapServer myself.
I recently downloaded the binary with GDAL support.  I want to generate
overviews of my tiffs with gdaladdo but I haven't the foggiest idea of how
to do that.
The MapserverWiki has this:

warmerda at gdal[430]% gdaladdo
 Usage: gdaladdo [-r {nearest,average,average_mp,average_magphase,mode}]
                filename levels
 Example:
  % gdaladdo -r average abc.tif 2 4 8 16

What is this?  What language is this?  Where is this gdalladdo?  Why is it
that as soon as I think I get a handle on things, I realize how little I
know?

Adam Ryan
Linn County