[mapserver-users] GDAL and gdaladdo

KRUSEMARK Matthew G matthew.g.krusemark at co.multnomah.or.us
Fri Jul 26 17:19:10 EDT 2002

Hi,

The documentation and win bindaries I have worked with are hosted at
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/

The GDAL utilities descriptions are at
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_utilities.html

I am not sure how gdaladdo works with TIFF files, however I think it stores
the overview files internally to the input image from browsing the
documentation.

I have used GDAL quite a bit to convert images, for example to convert from
GeoTIFF to JPEG format and keep the coordinates with the output JPEG and it
works great, example:

C:\gdal115a\bin>gdal_translate -of GTiff -co "QUALITY=n" 1n2e.tif 1n2e.jpg

Hope this was of some help, -matt