[mapserver-users] No Image Output

Alexander Pucher pucher at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Sun Jul 28 07:50:51 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've just finished my Mapserver-Setup using the following components:

SuSE Linux v.8.0 (Kernel 2.4.18-4GB)
PostgreSQL v.7.2.1
PostGIS v.0.7

freetype 1.3
gd-1.8.4 (patched version with GIF support)
proj-4.4.5
gdal-1.1.7
w3c-libwww-5.4.0
libgeotiff-1.1.4

PHP v.4.2.1
UMN Mapserver v.3.6
 gmap-ms36

$ mapserv -v  gives me the following output:

MapServer version 3.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Itasca demo works without problems!!!

but GMAP demo doesn't produce any GIF's in my /tmp/ms_tmp directory!!!

The source code of the HTML output file looks perfect until the PHP
statement  <?php GMApDrawMap() ?>

I checked the mailinglist entries concerning this problem, and also
checked the permissions of the /tmp/ms_tmp dirs. BTW, the Itasca-demop
writes its file into there, so the permissions should be OK.

Any suggestions on this?

How can I (quick) test if the php_mapscript.so I compiled is working
properly ?

I tried to enable logging by _not_ commenting the resp. line in the
mapfile, but nothing gets logged ? How do I log Mapserver actions??

Thanks you

alex