[mapserver-users] Mapfile dtd proposal

Ricky Jo ricky_georgy at yahoo.fr
Sun Jul 28 11:30:11 EDT 2002

Hi,
As I have to deal with big mapfiles on my server, I
wanted to push forward the migration to xml, which
will  simplify things, I think.

Here's my proposal joined, with a quite not complete
example. I inspired myself from some posts before.
A few points of discussion:
first, the order of elements is important in dtd, so
if someone find a better ordering, it would be good. I
simply copied from the doc and mapfile.c.
Then, I did not pay attention on the requirement of
the  elements: they are mostly all optional. It is
still needed to specify which elements are required
(change XX? to XX).
Finally, there is the question of attributes vs
elements. So if some of you have good arguments, let's
send your changes.

The dtd has some drawbacks, such as the unability to
constraints the element content. That's why you'll see
some lines likes this.

Cheers,

Ricky