[mapserver-users] New versions of LandView...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 29 17:37:57 EDT 2002

Hi Folks: I've got a couple of new versions of LandView to the point
where they may be of interest. I wanted to make it easier to develop
apps around the applet named "mapplet". However, since LiveConnect is
not as widely supported as it should be (argh!) I've also spent time
developing a DHTML version. The goal is to make it real easy to have
either a Java or a DHTML interface. I'm getting real close and am
interested in finding folks that would like to collaborate on something
like this. What's cool about the DHTML version is that it combines a
relatively positioned layers (i.e. anchor) with an absolutely positioned
layer so you can be very flexible in design. You can plop the map in a
table or whatever. No more frames or designs that limit what you can
place to the left or above the image. The DHTML version works with IE 6+
(I don't have 5 laying around), Netscape 6.2+ (dunno about earlier
versions) and Mozilla 1+. The old mapplet applet has been tweaked (and
renamed jbox.java) to match the interface for the DHTML code (dbox.js)
so you can do most of the same stuff with either with the same code.
Please see:

  Java: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/landview.html
  DHTML: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/landview_dhtml.html

Steve