[mapserver-users] GD/Freetype Problem (was: No Image Output)

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jul 29 22:47:16 EDT 2002

Alexander Pucher wrote:

> checking for gdImageStringFT in -lgd... yes
> checking for gdImageString16 in -lgd... yes
> checking for gdImageGifPtr in -lgd... yes
>         using GD ( -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP
> -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR) from system libs.
> checking whether we should include PDF support...
>
> According to the MapServer Unix HOWTO, I should not get DUSE_GD_FT but
> DUSE_GD_TTF, when building with Freetype1 !!!

Hummm... you're correct that we would expect to see -DUSE_GD_TTF for
freetype 1.3, that's odd... I checked on one of our servers and I get
the same -DUSE_GD_FT as you with freetype1.3 and my truetype fonts work
well, so I would suggest that you continue with your build... it's
probably going to work.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca