[mapserver-users] editing shp files

Lowell.Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Tue Jul 30 08:19:53 EDT 2002

I can quickly see two possibilities:
1) Create an index on the shapefile and things may speed up to an
acceptable pace.
2) Because your selecting on items a quick mapscript program could open
the existing dbf & shp, select all the matching records from the dbf,
create a new dbf & shp, loop through each selected record and associated
shape, & create a record and shape in the new dbf and shp.
Lowell F.