[mapserver-users] libxml vs Xerce c++

Ricky Jo ricky_georgy at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 30 16:25:01 EDT 2002

Hi all,
A few days ago, I posted a dtd proposal for the next
generation xml mapfiles.
There was less reply I expected about it.
But before going on, I think it would be a good thing
if people could decide on the way to go for xml.
That is, should mapserver use libxml, with a dtd, or
should it use xml schemas, which are more powerful,
but which require a more complex library, such as
xerces c++.
This is an important question, because when the old
format will be dropped, everybody who want mapserver
will have to get the apporpiate xml library.

This mail is perhaps adressed more specifically to the
main developers (i.e. main deciders ? ;)

Regards

Ricky