[mapserver-users] Re: PostGIS Layer Bug

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jun 7 13:20:02 EDT 2002

One of the difficulties we have found with mapserver is that getting
debugging information usually involves the use of... a debugger! If
there was a run-time DEBUG ON directive (or even DEBUG INFO, DEBUG WARN,
DEBUG ERR, DEBUG OFF) in the map file, we could dump information to
STDERR (and thence to the Apache error_log) which would make it much
easer for users to track down where things are going awry. Failing that,
a global compile-time flag would be helpful. We are going to put in
compile-time support for debugging to stderr anyways, but run-time would
be nice too.