[mapserver-users] Custom Annotation

imap at chesapeake.net imap at chesapeake.net
Sat Jun 8 03:40:37 EDT 2002

I've a question about some custom annotation.. And I am hoping someone
might have some ideas...

At certain mapscales, I'd like to display a state/province name
annotated with spacing between the letters, like you might seen
on printed cartographic maps...  ie.  A L B E R T A
or: P E N N S Y L V A N I A

This isn't something I want to hardcode into the data, but it
would be a nice feature to have a keyword (charspacing) or some
such to accomplish the task.  Probably a knarly task, but I
will throw the idea out there anyway...

Regards,

Chris