[mapserver-users] jagged edges on images

chris_faulkner at anytimenow.com chris_faulkner at anytimenow.com
Wed Jun 12 18:14:01 EDT 2002

Hello again

I've been looking at some imagery being generated via PHP Mapscript. On my imagery , jagged effects appear along some of the edges. The jagged version from MapServer is attached. Look along the road boundaries and the word "Briar Patch". Anyone know why this happens ? These effects don't appear when I view and zoom in and out of the source with ImageMagick. Here is the tiffinfo output. Note that I started with tiled Tifs and converted to stripped - I have played with different sized strips.

TIFF Directory at offset 0x1255d6
  Image Width: 3500 Image Length: 3500
  Bits/Sample: 8
  Compression Scheme: PackBits
  Photometric Interpretation: palette color (RGB from colormap)
  FillOrder: msb-to-lsb
  Document Name: "Standard Input"
  Image Description: "converted PNM file"
  Orientation: row 0 top, col 0 lhs
  Samples/Pixel: 1
  Rows/Strip: 2
  Planar Configuration: single image plane
  Color Map: (present)

If anyone needs it, I can send the original one but I didn't want to waste too much bandwidth !

Thanks

Chris