[mapserver-users] TIGER OGR on Windows doesn't work with back slash in paths

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at CI.BOSTON.MA.US
Thu Jun 20 17:04:34 EDT 2002

I don't know if this has been answered already - since my mail seems a bit
delayed.

I actually had pretty good success with Gdal OGR2OGR tool on Windows and
applying it to Tiger 2000 (although I compiled the source under Cygwin so
not sure if that made a difference).

My syntax was something like

ogr2ogr  -f "MapInfo File"  tigtab mytigfolder

Where mytigfolder is the folder containing my tiger data and tigtab is the
folder to create to output the map info tab files.

It generated the completechain.tab and some additional tab files.  The
completechain was really all I needed for my purposes so didn't look too
closely at the other tab files.

I think you can download it from

http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/
<http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/>   <http://www.remotesensing.com>