[mapserver-users] mapserver compilation problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 20 22:40:10 EDT 2002

Kurt Gerber wrote:
> ./libmap.a(mapogr.o): In function `msLoadWKTProjectionString':
> mapogr.o(.text+0xb7e): undefined reference to
> `OGRSpatialReference::IsLocal(void)'
> mapogr.o(.text+0xba7): undefined reference to
> `OGRSpatialReference::exportToProj4(char **)'
> ./libmap.a(mapogr.o): In function
> `msOGRSpatialRef2ProjectionObj(OGRSpatialReference *, projectionObj *)':
> mapogr.o(.text+0xd1e): undefined reference to
> `OGRSpatialReference::IsLocal(void)'
> mapogr.o(.text+0xd3c): undefined reference to
> `OGRSpatialReference::exportToProj4(char **)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [shp2img] Fehler 1
>
> I tried to check the source file 'mapogr.cpp' but I'm really not a
> developer... so, does anybody know what's wrong?
> Thanks for help!
> I attached the whole 'make' output.

Kurt,

The missing methods are all ones for which the signatures changed (due to
const correctness issues) a while ago.  I suspect you have a mixture of
include files or shared libraries from two different version of GDAL on
your system.  I would suggest using the locate command on gdal.h, and
libgdal.1.1.so to find if this is the case, and if so, wipe out all but
one version ... or carefully manage your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and include
directives to avoid conflicts.

Best regards,