[mapserver-users] libpng12.so.0

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 27 11:25:23 EDT 2002

Seamus Thomas Carroll wrote:

> After running make I attempt to run mapserv as in
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/unix-install-howto.html and I am given
> the error "./mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
>
> libpng12.so.0 exists because libpng has been installed. Any suggestions on
> how to correct this problem?
>
> Seamus

Try running 'ldd mapserv', and look for the path that is listed for
libpng12.so.0 ...

Then make sure this path is part of your runtime library path, for this
you have two options, assuming you're running Linux:

1- add the path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run 'ldconfig' as root

or

2- Use SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH to specify this path in your apache
httpd.conf

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca