[Mapserver-users] Trouble-shooting again

Dana Quinn dana at nextbus.com
Sat Apr 5 22:24:39 EST 2003

Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> In amongst all the other stuff, I'm back to troubleshooting my mapserver
> install:  RH 8.0/perl5.8/MS 3.7 from a nightly build a couple of weeks
> ago...
>
> I've squashed most of the bugs preventing a successful completion
> including most of the stuff in my mapfile.  However, when I fire off the
> following:
> http://mesonet.tamu.edu/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=%2Fvar%2Fwww%2Fmesonet%2Ftexas%2Fmesonet.map&layer=weather-metar&layer=weather-mtemp&layer=weather-mlabel&layer=weather-mdew&layer=weather-barbs&zoomsize=2&program=%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmapserv&map_web_imagepath=%2Fvar%2Fwww%2Fmesonet%2Ftmp%2F&map_web_imageurl=%2Ftmp%2F
>

> I get a "document not found" error via Mozilla, and in looking at the
> Apache error log, I see:
> [Sat Apr 05 20:47:50 2003] [error] [client 165.91.71.29] Premature end
> of script headers: mapserv, referer: http://mesonet.tamu.edu/
>
> I'm still looking, but I'm real confused...
>
> TIA, gerry

Gerry-
	Do you get a correct image when you run the script from the
command line?  If so, make sure you're outputting the correct headers
in your script, of course, but what stopped my similar problem was
doing what I wrote about here:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0303/msg00153.html

Basically, tossing this at the top of my perl MS script:

use FileHandle;
STDOUT->autoflush;

dana