[Mapserver-users] Where are legend, reference and .qy images stored?

Paul Peterson pwpeterson at iesc.net
Sun Apr 6 19:02:50 EDT 2003

Hello all.

I wrote yesterday regarding a problem with my legends and reference images
not showing up.  Does MapServer (3.7) store all generated images in the the
same tmp directory.  I am testing out the Tutorial35 demo app and it is
located at /var/www/html/tutorial35.  I have a tmp directory
/var/www/html/tmp where only the map png files are showing up.  I was trying
out the cashed query and discovered that the legend, reference and *.qy
files where being stored in /var/tmp.

Where in the map file does the directory for the legend, reference and .qy
files get set?  If MapServer is smart enough to store these files there why
isn't it smart enough to download them from there as well?

A snippet of the map file follows:

NAME S3EX4
EXTENT -97.5 41.619778 -82.122902 49.38562
SIZE 400 300
SHAPEPATH "../data"
FONTSET "../fonts/fonts.list"
SYMBOLSET "../symbols/symbols35.sym"

WEB
  HEADER header.html
  TEMPLATE s3ex4.html
  FOOTER footer.html
  IMAGEPATH "../../tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
  LOG /var/www/html/mapserver.log
END

Again the IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL as defined above work for the map png, but
not the legend, reference ro .qy files.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Paul Peterson