[Mapserver-users] once again compiling with TTF-Support

Bjoern Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Mon Apr 7 11:04:18 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm fighting with the TTF-Support for MapServer 3.6.4.
I'm using Freetype 2.1.4rc2, a patched gd 2.0.7 on a SuSE Linux 8.0 Box.

I compiled the GD and it said:
** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.7:

   Support for PNG library:          yes
   Support for JPEG library:         yes
   Support for Freetype 2.x library: yes
   Support for Xpm library:          yes

Then I compiled the MapServer and it said
 using GD ( -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP
-DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR) from
/home/platzen/download/gd-2.0.7gif/.

Now it seemed to me as if everything should be right, but it isn't! The
CGI-Output still tells me:
loadlabel(): Unknown identifier. Keyword FONT is not valid without
TrueType font support.

Is there anything else, that I forgot??

Any help would be really great...

Thanks in advance,