[Mapserver-users] once again compiling with TTF-Support

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Apr 7 19:43:41 EDT 2003

I see 2 possibilities:

1- MapServer got linked with an old libmap.a ... check and if you find
an old /usr/local/lib/libmap.a on your system then delete it and
recompile MapServer.  (And avoid using 'make install' with MapServer in
the future, 'make install' has some issues and will be gone in future
releases)

2- This could be a GD2 vs MapServer 3.6 thing: I dont't think MapServer
3.6.x has been used/tested much with GD2.x... so it's safer to use GD
1.8.x and freetype 1.3 with MapServer 3.6.

Daniel