[Mapserver-users] once again compiling with TTF-Support

Björn Platzen bplatzen at sosnetz.de
Tue Apr 8 02:39:16 EDT 2003

Hello Daniel,

> 1- MapServer got linked with an old libmap.a ... check and if you
> find an old /usr/local/lib/libmap.a on your system then delete it and
> recompile MapServer.

libmap.a was from yesterday, deleting and recompiling had no effect.

> 2- This could be a GD2 vs MapServer 3.6 thing: I dont't think
> MapServer 3.6.x has been used/tested much with GD2.x... so it's safer
> to use GD 1.8.x and freetype 1.3 with MapServer 3.6.

I tried that with a patched Version of GD 1.8.4 and Freetype 1.3.1 but I
could not compile the GD with freetype-support. It always said:

checking for freetype.h... (cached) no
configure: warning: libgd will be built without support for TrueType
fonts - no freetype.h.
checking for TT_Init_FreeType in -lttf... (cached) yes

I checked, if freetype.h is there and it is (in /usr/include/freetype
and in /usr/local/include/freetype).

The first GD that found freetype.h was this 2.0.7-Version.

Thanks for your help, I'll try to get it started somehow with GD 1.8.4.

Bye,

Bjoern